Shanghai

Shanghai

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Time is Here

Spring has definately arrived in Shanghai. I don't know how long it will last. We have had some hot days that feel more like summer. We are also finally getting some rain that is helping to give some brighter colors. It seemed a bit dry and some plants looked like their blooms could have been much prettier if there was rain. Then again, I wonder if the pollution/smog plays a part in that as well.
I need to find out what those flowers/shrubs are on the right. They bloomed a pink leaf and now they are almost completely green. Some of the colors remind me of Autumn.

I believe this is some type of rose bush. They are everywhere but many had lots of buds that just never bloomed. It was a bit sad to see.

The plum blossoms were pretty. This picture doesn't do them justice. I just never had my camera with me when I saw a good one.

Two weeks ago there was plenty of sunshine and blue skies. So I decided to head to the flower shop that is across the street.

The selection was limited but very nice. They planted everything for me and then delivered the pots by bicycle. My hands didn't even get dirty.

I went with petunia's hoping that they will last a while.

On the other patio, I chose a mixture of flowers. Some of them are doing really well. I didn't think about the wind 7 stories high when I bought the flowers. Some days they do take a beating:(

I just love my flowers. I hope they survive! We have been having some nice rain which helps with the watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment