Shanghai

Shanghai

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lots of Work!

As I was walking Maggie around the complex on Monday, I noticed that all the trees along the street had the dirt dug up around them.
I looked over to my right and saw these women dividing bunches of ornamental grass. I have actually been watching them for a while now. They have been digging up weeds and grass from all the flower beds for the past month and working very hard.

I am not sure if this is the grass that they dug up a few weeks ago but there is probably over 100 trees that they are going to plant around. It must be easier on their back/knees to be in the squatting position than kneeling on the grass. It amazes me thaat even when they are resting or talking with others, many Chinese people prefer to be in that position. I am afraid if I did that, I would just tip over or never be able to get back up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment