Shanghai

Shanghai

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow in Shanghai!

The kids had left for school yesterday morning and the next thing I know I saw snowflakes! I never thought we would see snow in Shanghai. I have to say it was a nice sight.



I took Maggie for a walk and we walked around the club to take some pictures. There was definately ice on the pond.

I spotted some goldfish taking cover.

It was so cold. It started to really come down. I thought this was a pretty picture of the bridge.

I think this is a guinea hen but I am not sure. It just buried its face deeper when we got closer. Maggie wanted to charge but I didn't let her get close. I waited a bit to see if its head would pop up but it never did. I think it is too big to be a pigeon. It was the first time for me to ever see this type of bird here. I have seen one duck and some pretty, small black and white birds.

At lunch time I looked out towards the club and I saw a man laying down straw mats on the bridge. It has a pretty good incline. The cars must have a hard time with it being too slippery.
At 5 o'clock, we had quite a bit of snow. I was talking to one mother that has been here for 7 years and she said this is very rare. The last time it did this was 2 years ago.
Jason took the following pictures at his work in Suzhou.

We have had a misty rain today. There are some small patches of snow. The roads were fine but traffic seemed to be a bit crazy. It was nice to see white!

No comments:

Post a Comment