Shanghai

Shanghai

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 5 - Fukuoka, Japan

Our first stop was a Japanese Garden in Ohori Park. We didn't wake up to beautiful weather but it wasn't too bad - a very lite rain.
I could see it on Jason and the kid's faces - "wouldn't it be fun to run......"!!



I was able to capture a great picture of the kids.

Jason & I even got a good one! It was a very nice garden. Very peaceful.

Our next stop.... I can't believe I got them to stick their heads in. It was a pretty tight squeeze.


The observation deck is 123 meters high with a 360 degree panoramic view.


I think this picture reminds me of a Godzilla movie:)


A quick pic of Jason before the Kushida Shrine.

It was nice to visit the shrine at dark with all the lights.





The shrine was built or established in 753. We wish we had Lily with us. It doesn't seem right without Lily being in the picture. We all sure did miss her!



Inside the shrine.

I believe this is the Kazari Yamagase. It is a beautiful float that was constructed without a single nail.



Our friends Carlos & Bethe joined us on the cruise. It's always nice to have friends/family on the boat. They were lots of fun and laughs.

We ended our busy day with a few lessons on "napkin folding" in the dining room. We had some great waiters!

Oops - forgot about the yummy chocolate dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment