Shanghai

Shanghai

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Roasted Green Chili in China!

I can't tell you how excited we are that we can buy fresh green chili. It tastes as good as New Mexico's:)
The only down side is that we have to roast them ourselves but Jason was up for the job. I think getting the charcoal started and at the right temperature is the hardest part.
I take that back - peeling is the hardest. My hands were on fire.

I have to say there is nothing like a fresh roasted pepper right off the grill sprinkled with salt and pepper with a bit of garlic! And a sprinkle of cheese!

We have done at least 5 batches which equals about 40 quart size freezer bags. We have been buying the fresh chili's at the wet market and I think they laugh every time they see us coming. I bet they are wondering what we are doing with all those chilis. We have probably spent $40 on the chilis. One small can costs around $4 at the supermarket (International). So we are saving lots of money!!!! Actually, we just bought a gas grill so I think that put us back into the red. Hee Hee

I am thankful we have a normal size refrigerator here. It is stocked for the year (we hope) and
we are set for Rellanos, stew, enchiladas .....






1 comment:

  1. Yum! Share your recipes if you have any. I am always looking for great chili recipes. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete