Shanghai

Shanghai

Monday, June 20, 2011

Plum Season

Well this was suppose to post back in June. I just noticed that it never posted. I decided better late than never:)

We had a day, or a few hours, that I could actually see blue sky! It never lasts long. I think we are all homesick for New Mexico's blue skies!
The following picture is considered an okay kind of day because we can at least see the highway. I am guessing that the highway is about 3 miles away. Also, we have lots of construction going on around us. They have started building another housing development on the opposite side of the club.
Then more to the right, we can actually see the city.
Then we have those days where we can barely see across the street. It doesn't rain, it is just dark and gray! I took this picture from the car. I am actually on the highway that you saw in the previous picture. In this picture, there is a highway that hasn't been completed.

I could only see the planes when they were right on top of me.


Then last week, Plum Season arrived. Plum season is the rainy season and you should not leave home without an umbrella! Our streams around the complex are getting full and everything is too wet. We went from too dry to too wet.


There is a little river/stream right by where a new house is being built. Everyday that we get rain, it looks like that water should be overflowing into that house. I sure would hate to live in that house and be that close to the water.I wish we could send some of this rain to the Southwest. It is sad to see the pictures of the wildfire that was so close to our home town Raton, NM. We will probably be arriving back home just as the rains start back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment